Anxiety as many of us know is one of the most common mental health disorders experienced by teens and young adults. It is the fear of the unknown and of the future. It is like an evil force brought upon one’s mind.
There is so much stigma attached to anxiety and it is important that we fight against them. Sadly a lot of false accusations get labeled on anxiety and for those who have it. Here are the top 10 I’ve compiled.
1. We are overexaggerating and overreacting.
2. Just think positive and you’ll be fine.
3. People who share about their mental illness on social media do it for attention.
4. When people think that telling you to calm down with help you calm down.
5. Anxiety is not that serious of an illness.
6. For someone who has anxiety they will always look sad.
7. That people with anxiety avoid people because they want to be alone.
8. People with anxiety don’t feel sick.
9. that taking anti- anxiety medications are bad.
10. telling someone with anxiety to relax will help them relax.